1. Wipe Flitecell down with a wet cloth (freshwater), and clean Flitecell contacts and data connector with Contact Cleaner.
2. Flitecell is water resistant but it should remain dry where possible. DO NOT submerge or shower.
3. Avoid placing Flitecell on the sand, which can make its way into the Flitecell cavity and scratch surfaces.
4. DO NOT charge the Flitecell immediately after use. The Flitecell temperature may be too high. Allow 30mins between riding and charging to allow for cooling.
5. DO NOT clean the Flitecell or charger with denatured alcohol or other flammable solvents.
IF THE BOARD HAS LEAKED AND / OR THE FLITECELL HAS BEEN SUBMERGED IN WATER, INSPECT FOR WATER INGRESS USING THE SIGHT GLASS LOCATED ON THE SIDE OF THE FLITECELL.
STAND THE FLITECELL UP ON ITS BOTTOM END FOR ONE MINUTE AND THEN PLACE THE FLITECELL ON ITS SIDE WITH THE SIGHT GLASS FACING DOWN FOR ONE MINUTE. INSIDE THE SIGHTGLASS IS A COLOUR CHANGING LABEL WHICH WILL TURN RED IF WATER IS PRESENT. INSPECT THE SIGHT GLASS AND CONFIRM THAT WATER IS NOT PRESENT BEFORE CHARGING AND USING A FLITECELL THAT HAS BEEN IMMERSED IN WATER. IF A FLITECELL HAS BEEN DROPPED OR DAMAGED, CONTACT FLITEBOARD IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT USE THE FLITECELL.
Regular maintenance Examine the charger regularly for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure or other parts.
Storage 1. Keep Flitecell stored out of the reach of children and pets.
2. DO NOT store the Flitecell near heat sources such as a furnace or heater.
3. DO NOT leave the Flitecell inside of a vehicle on hot days.
4. The ideal storage temperature is 22°C – 28°C.
5. DO NOT store the Flitecell whilst charging. Disconnect the charger when not in use.
6. DO NOT store the Flitecell fully charged or discharged for a longer period of time.
7. For long term storage a charge state of 75% (2 LEDs on) is optimal.
8. We recommend that you discharge the Flitecell during your final session of the season and charge back up to the above state.